Monday, July 25, 2011

German Chocolate Cookies


I didn't really have a good reason for making cookies other than 1. I'm leaving for the Yukon in 2 days and won't have access to a kitchen for a week and a half and 2. Jonathan practically begged me to bake something for the surgery residents.  Enter this merger of two classics: chocolate chip cookies and German chocolate cake (my dad's favorite).  Since I don't have much to say, I'm just going to let these pictures do the talking.

Adapted from the Original Nestle Toll House Cookie Recipe
Just shy of 2 cups of flour
1 tsp. baking soda
1 tsp. salt
1 cup (2 sticks) butter, softened
3/4 cup granulated sugar
3/4 cup brown sugar, packed
1/2 cup cocoa powder
1 tsp. vanilla
2 eggs
1 cup chocolate chips
1/2 cup shredded coconut
1 cup chopped walnuts (pecans would be more traditional, but I didn't have any)

1. Beat butter, white and brown sugar until creamy.
2. Add eggs, vanilla, powder, and salt.
3. Add cocoa powder.
4. Slowly add flour.
5. Mix in chocolate chips, coconut, and nuts.
6. Bake at 375 for 12 minutes.
7. Eat warm after dunking in milk :-)





No comments:

Post a Comment