Saturday, February 25, 2012

Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Cupcakes

Its not uncommon for me to make dinner by throwing together random ingredients from the fridge.  However, I'm pretty sure this is the first time I've baked something using the same technique.  If I could guarantee that my creativity would result in something as tasty as these cupcakes every time, I'd do it more often!
Chocolate Raspberry Cheesecake Cupcakes
makes 24

Graham Cracker Crust

1 small package graham crackers (8 crackers), crushed
2 tablespoons butter, melted

Mix together until crumbs are moist.
Divide evenly between lined cupcake trays.
Press down using the bottom of a small glass.

Favorite chocolate cake batter (or box as I used)

Raspberry Cheesecake Filling
8 ounce package cream cheese, room temperature
1 egg white
1/3ish cup homemade raspberry jam

Beat all ingredients together.
It is alright if the cream cheese is a little chunky.

To assemble, spoon a tablespoonish of cake batter on top of crust.
Add a spoonful of cheesecake filling.
Top with remaining cake batter.
Bake for 15-18 minutes.

Frost cooled cupcakes with chocolate frosting and top with a raspberry.  Or strawberry because they were on sale this week!

1 comment: