I went to Kroger looking for some 10 for $10 blackberries, but they were sold out. So while wandering the produce section I noticed a variety of items on manager's special so I put a few into my basket: baby greens, basil, wild mushrooms and pico gallo guacamole.
When lunch time rolled around, I decided to make use of all of this plus add a few additional items to make a contemporary version of taco salad.
Start browning 4-6 oz. of ground beef (preferably grass fed) in a skillet, then add:
- 1/4 of a sweet onion, sliced
- 1/4 of a red bell pepper, sliced
- 4 oz. of wild mushrooms, sliced
- 1 clove minced garlic
- 1/3 C. grape tomatoes halved
- sea salt, fresh ground black pepper, cumin, chili powder and turmeric to taste